For some reason, I feel like writing on a blog will be better than checking Stalkbook everyday to see what all my friends are doing; while I'm teaching Math and English in a country that's known for being the second largest producer of the coca leaf. The locals claim they use it as a calming remedy, but I'm pretty sure they sale it too. It's like drinking a glass a wine for the antioxidants, and then saying you didn't enjoy the buzz. After all, if you're looking for antioxidants, you could always just eat a carrot.
Now that I've gotten completely off topic, I'd just like to say that ultimately the purpose of this blog will be to update friends about what's happening on my trip in Peru, while also serving as an event log for myself. Seeing as I'll never be able to remember everything I do over the six weeks.
I'll give periodic updates. Hopefully, there will be daily updates while I'm in Peru, and maybe a few before I actually get there.
No comments:
Post a Comment