Day three was not actually a day.
After finally getting back to civilization, we put our bags in the hotel that we stayed in for the night. Everyone took a much needed shower, and then we headed out for dinner. We ate at one of the local bars. It was small, but cozy, and I definitely enjoyed the experience. I had the chance to try alpaca, but I decided to go for chicken. I'd rather have good alpaca when and if I choose to try it before I leave.
The following morning we left for home. The ride felt like forever. Everything looks the same in the mountains, and I just felt like we were going in circles over and over, but as we crested over a hill I saw the field of lights that I've come to call home over the past few weeks. Oh Arequipa, how I love thee.
Random Tidbits:
The chocolate brands in Arequipa are different. I think some of the larger stores have Hershey, but most of the chocolates are made by Nestle here. I've tried quite a few, some of which I can't remember, but the best one is called Sublime. It's ridiculously good. Imagine a Mr. Goodbar and then multiple its tastiness by a factor of ten. That's Sublime. I buy it everyday. I bought a pack of twenty yesterday, and there are three left.
Imodium AD is the king of pills, and Advil is his queen.
People like to talk. Especially if you are waiting to pick up an international package in the post office, and have nothing else to do for three hours. I met a fellow North Carolinan while I waiting, and reaffirm my belief that Peru is still not over the Swine Flu. The lady that processed my package was wearing a mask, and she also refused to speak spanish to me. Literally, I responded to everything she said in Spanish, and she still spoke in English. Haha.
My school is amazing, and I don't want to leave Arequipa. If you'd asked me that the first day I was here, I might have said something different.
Friday, June 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment