It´s been a while since I made a post on here, and I thought it might be a good idea for me to explain myself. First, I would like to say that I don´t think I was intially aware of the conditions in Peru. Im my head, I thought that Peru was like the United States, and that we (the GVI volunteers) would be traveling to a location that was less fortunate or could be categorized as third world. Well, it turns out that the large majority of Peru can be classified as a third world country, including the city of Arequipa. For that very reason, and the fact that I´m always busy, I have not really been able to get to a computer to write about my experience. Nonetheless, I´m still going to try and update this thing at least three times a week.
I can´t stand to type on computers here because they use a Spanish based keyboard and the shift button is in a different location. So, instead of writng ¨I,¨ I have the tendency to write < i.
I been taking spanish lessons since Monday, and they´re going pretty well, but one of my teachers said that I have a special accent: Southern. Spanish is really difficult here. My teachers are extremely critical when it comes to pronunciation, but that's OK. Anyways, my next teacher is here, and I have to go. I'll update again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment