Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Night Before

So.  I think I'm ready.  Even if I'm not, I'm still doing it.  I've heard nothing but good things from all of the people that I've talked to about the project in Peru.  I talked to a young lady a few days ago who had gone on the project a few months earlier and she assured me that my time there would be AMAZING!  She even asked me to say hello to the kids when I got there. 

Anyways, for the next week I'll basically be relaxing in Orlando, and if I'm lucky I'll make a trip to see Colin (if I'm lucky). Then I leave for Peru next Friday.  It's going to be a hectic day.  Aside from my mother's gigantic flow of tears which I expect to start at random moments during our vacation in Florida, I'm going to have to be completely focused on flying and God knows what else.  It'll be the most thinking that I've done since my final exams.  For some reason,  my lay over in Houston is only 1 hour, which is basically short according to some experienced veterans that I talked to earlier today.  Let's just say, I've printed out maps of the terminals. 

I've seen most of my friends for the last time, except for one and he has promised me that I'll be eating breakfast with him tomorrow morning.  There really is nothing like a good friend.  I am so privileged. 

I've got a few more things to do.  I still have to pack a bag for Orlando, and I've got to get this master notebook together.  Talk to you soon, probably from Peru. I doubt I'll even have time to write on this during the next week. 

2 comments:

  1. I love you michael. I will miss you when you're gone. Don't ever think I won't. And you'll do great...just try not to forget about me. Peru is so lucky to have you.
    -Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too Jenny. Sorry I haven't updated. Computers just aren't the same here.

    ReplyDelete