Friday, May 15, 2009

Revelación

I am worrying, and I knew I would. 

I've realized that one of the things that I hate the most is not knowing things.  Being out of the loop has never really been good for me.  Besides irritating me, I think it gives me this empty feeling inside.  Basically, I like to know everything.  There's a reason why I have a Stalkbook and it is not to tell people about myself. 

Now keeping in mind what I've just said, you will understand why going to Peru is going to be a little difficult for me.  I'm not going to have a phone in Peru.  I figured it wouldn't be worth the trouble.  They cost about two hundred dollars, and then I have to pay $1.50/min if someone from the US called me and I would have to pay $4/min if I decided to call anyone.  In a nutshell, the prices are ridiculous.  Therefore, I'll probably be relying on email, and the occasional Skype conversation in order to keep me in the loop, which probably means I want be in the loop at all.  
Theoretically, it could be a good thing because it will probably help me to escape the little worries of my everyday life at home, but I don't want to give up the limited time that I have with my friends either, especially the ones that go to other colleges.  I've stayed in touch with most of them, and that makes me confident that i'll be able to in the future, but I can feel some of them moving away despite my desire to keep them near.  I'm scared this time away will only make it easier for them to gravitate away from me.  Of course, I'm probably just worrying too much. I guess, "we'll see."  Sometimes people surprise me, I can think of one right off hand, and I am very proud of him. 

Other thoughts in my head:  I hate alcohol, and my impatience with/other people's inability to respond to text messages.  People with twitter must be either strong, or famous.  Anakin Skywalker represents all people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment