There's a huge likelihood that I'm going to get diarrhea sometime during my stay in Peru. I don't know how and I don't know when, but I'm going to try my hardest not to get it. I know it's going to be so unpleasant. The water is Peru is basically completely different from water in the United States, and my doctor has told me that I should never drink from the tap water. So, I'll be drinking a lot of bottled water. I'm not sure about the foods, but I've read that you shouldn't eat food from street vendors or any of the native fruits. I hope I like all the foods they fix because the last thing I want to do is tell the family I'm staying with that I don't like something. I know that's terribly disrespectful. Anyways, my solution to all this is a prescription, which I have yet to pick up from the pharmacy. It's called Cipro.
I also got some medicine for altitude sickness. Apparently, that happens to people in Peru, and I do remember reading about tourists having problems with it in my Spanish 204 class. We actually gave a presentation on Arequipa. Thankfully, there is a small advantage to the high altitudes. There aren't any Malaria carrying mosquitos which means I'm not going to get Malaria and die. There are better ways to die in Peru, like by a natural disaster. They're prone to almost every kind there is... earthquake, volcanic eruption, tsunami... you name it they're prone to it.
Other thoughts in my head: "And this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause." If I had to live with any of my best friends, I'd probably kill them, especially Mark.
No comments:
Post a Comment